ADULTS SEWING WORKSHOP (7 week course)
New Adults’ Sewing Workshops starting soon in Bishopston with Katrin, local mum, passionate fashion designer and founder of Tweed & Bird.
At the Sewing Workshops you will be introduced to the wonderful world of fabrics, sewing and creating with Tweed & Bird!
The adults sewing class runs every Thursday, (term-time only) from 7.30 – 9pm at Playful Cafe, Bishopston. The group size will be a maximum of 5 adults.
Refreshments are included. Please note that you will need to bring your own sewing machine and materials!
You will make a bespoke bean bag or pouffe. Your own design will be transformed professionally into something truly unique!
– Plan and create a 3D sewing project from scratch
– Design a bean bag/ pouffe from your own idea
– Make a bespoke pattern
– Make a sample
– Re-adjust the pattern if needed
– Choose materials/ colours for project
– Complete the creation by filling and decorating it.
– Thick and sturdy materials like corderoy, upholstery materials, jeans, velvet ( I recommend cotton or cotton mix as its easier to sew, less slippy), fake fur. It could be even some unused curtains, a large wool tweed skirt or anything wich is a large piece of the before named material.
– lots of cheap cotton/ cotton mix fabric for sample
– Ribbons, buttons ect for decoration
The above will all be discussed in the first session. Any questions please ask before you buy!
Where to get materials (suggestions):
MariaLina ( Gloucester Road), Fabric Land (City Center), John Lewis (Cribbs Causeway), Calico (Bedminster) or why not have a look in your cupboard or in a Charity shop?
Ribbons/ buttons ect: Craft Works, Pearces Hardware Shop, Flo-Jo (all Gloucester Road).
- COST: £15 per adult per session, in total £105 for this term
- DATES: 23rd February, 2nd March, 9th March, 16th March, 23rd March, 30th March and 6th April
- TIMES: 7.30 – 9pm
- VENUE: Playful Cafe, 1-3 Fenton Road, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8ND
- To book / for more information visit the Tweed & Bird Facebook Page or email email@example.com