KIDS SEWING WORKSHOPS, age 8-12 years (7 week course)
New Sewing Workshops for children aged 8 – 12 starting soon in Bishopston with Katrin, local mum, passionate fashion designer and founder of Tweed & Bird.
At the Sewing Workshops children will be introduced to the wonderful world of fabrics, sewing and creating and will be making their own pyjamas!
There will be two kids’ classes every Thursday (term-time only) from 4-5pm and 5.15 – 6.15pm at Playful Café, Bishopston.
The hand-sewn shorts will be accompanied by a t-shirt with a matching applique. Children will learn how to use a pattern, get stuck in with hand stitching and get creative with the applique.
Children will learn:
– about characteristics of woven cotton fabric
– about sewing patterns/ seam allowance
– how to place and cut a pattern
– how to hand-stitch the ‘french seam’
– how do design an applique
– to make a colour choice for the t-shirt to complete the look
– taking a project from conception to completion.
The group size is a maximum of 5 children. Refreshments are included.
The only thing children will have to bring is a cotton fabric (woven – NOT jersey), approx. 1 x1.20 m (length X width).
T-shirts (colour of choice) threads, elastic and BondaWeb will be provided.
Where to get fabric (suggestions):
Fabric Land (City Center), Flo-Jo (Gloucester Road), John Lewis (Cribbs Causeway) or Calico (Bedminster).
- COST: £10 per child per session, in total £70 for this term
- DATES: 23rd February, 2nd March, 9th March, 16th March, 23rd March, 30th March, 6th April
- TIMES: 4 – 5pm or 5.15 – 6.15pm
- VENUE: Playful Cafe, 1-3 Fenton Road, Bishopston, Bristol, BS7 8ND
- To book / for more information visit the Tweed & Bird Facebook page or email: email@example.com