Come to the Redland May Fair on Bank Holiday Monday 7th May and enjoy some great family fun! The Redland May Fair will take place from 1-5pm and is a free community event on Redland Green.
There’ll be an eclectic mix of stalls, teas and refreshments, live music, kids’ games and entertainment – and lots more!
There’ll be lots of fun for kids including the irrepressible Sharky & George and the Ape Project where they will be building a cardboard city and other fun things!
Fez the Jester will be on the loose (but is often found near the playground) and Cassandra will be telling stories in the Lydia Building of the Church Halls.
This year’s bucket collection will be made for Freewheelers EVS – a registered charity which provides an out of hours and free of charge courier service to the NHS delivering blood for transfusions and medical supplies.
There will be tasty food and snacks available at the church halls including sandwiches, rolls and home-made cakes from 1pm and cream teas from 3pm (bring a re-usable cup and save on waste!). Refreshments are also available at the tennis and bowls club (plus you can have a go at tennis and bowls!).
PROGRAMME OF EVENTS
- 1-1.30pm – The Ambling Band (main Arena)
- 1.30-2pm – Bollywood Dance (main Arena)
- 1.30-1.55pm – Redland Chamber Choir (inside church)
- 1.30-2pm – Storytelling with Cassandra (in Lydia Building – use entrance doors on left)
- 1.15-4.45pm – The Ape Project: Help them build a cardboard city and other fun activities! (arena 2)
- 1.30-2pm – Bollywood Dance (main arena)
- 2-2.15pm – Maypole dancing
- 2-3.30pm – Redland Wind Band (in churchyard)
- 2.15-4pm – Kids’ fun and games with Sharky & George
- 2.30-3.15pm – Redland Green Choir (in garden at rear of Church Halls)
- 3.30-3.55pm – Partsong, a cappella group (inside church)
- 3.30-4pm – Storytelling with Cassandra(in Lydia Building – use entrance doors on left)
- 4-4.45pm – Bristol Samba (main arena)
Plus look out for a free-range Fez the Jester!
For lots more family-friendly events taking place this month please see this post for some ideas and inspiration!